Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Our Anniversary

4 years ago today Shane and I were married. But, our life together started way before then. All in all we have been a team for 8 and a half wonderful years. In honor of our marriage anniversary I just wanted to say a few things that I love and appreciate about my husband. Feel free to skip this post all together, it might bore you.:)
*When I told him I was pregnant with Mylee he didn't get scared like most kids who were still in high school would. Or maybe he did but you couldn't tell by the way he acted.
*He was ALWAYS there for me. He quit his part time job and got a full time job to support us. Even though I wanted him to finish school. He had been living on his own and basically supporting himself since he was 15. He was the most responsible teenage kid I have ever seen in my entire life!
*Not many people know this but he immediately asked me to marry him and I said no. It wasn't that I didn't love him, I did sooo much. It was that the thought of marriage absolutely terrified me to no end!!! My parents were divorced and I saw the tole it took on me and my siblings, especially my older siblings and I was completely terrified that my poor baby would have to go through that if we jumped into it too soon.
*Even though pretty much everyone in my entire family was horrible to him he never said anything negative about them. He was there for me and our baby and that's all that mattered to him. I will always respect him for the way he handled things.
*The second Mylee was born I saw this amazing love for her in his eyes. It was really wonderful to see. It was like something immediately changed him. He knew things would never be the same. He was ready for this responsibility. He was ready for this new little life who was ours. I will never ever forget the look in his eyes when he first held Mylee.
*He has always been so supportive of me no matter how crazy my ideas sound.
*He is such an amazing dad to our girls! He is so patient with them, I need to learn from him.
*He has never, not once disrespected me. No matter how mean or grouchy I can get at times he never ever says mean things to me. I will always love him for that.
*He is always asking me if I need any help with anything
*He is such a hard worker and has been since he was just a kid. And I have never once heard him complain about it.
*He is so determined and so motivated it's amazing. He is always looking for new things to do and try to better himself and our family.
*He can always make me laugh. No matter how mad I am at him or how grumpy I am he can ALWAYS put a smile on my face!
*He is the funniest person that I know(anyone who knows him can attest to that)
*He makes it a point to spend time alone with our girls together and individually.
*No matter how tired he is after a 12 hour shift of the hard work he does he ALWAYS plays with our girls for at least an hour after he gets home.
*He doesn't mind being made over by the girls, or wearing dress up jewelry or make up. He plays barbies and has tea parties like a champ!
*He loves me, completely and unconditionally.
*He loves his daughters, completely and unconditionally.
I could go on and on about this wonderful guy that I married but I think I have bored you all enough. Happy anniversary baby, I love you!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I was going to do the same thing tomorrow! Happy Anniversary! It sounds like you have a really great hubby :o). I hope you guys have a great day!

Bradeigh said...

That was beautiful, Joanna! What a great tribute to your wonderful husband.

Amber said...

that was the sweetest post ever! you really did get a great guy! i am so happy for you guys and so glad that he treats you and your girls so good! -you are one of the lucky ones-
i bet there are lots and lots of wifes jealouse of the hardworking, good father kind of guy.
Happy anniversary!
Loves, amber (klaproth)