Monday, April 20, 2009

A Different Kind of Friend

Most of you know this adorable little 3 year old and you know that when she opens her mouth chances are something pretty dang funny is going to come out of it. The following story is probably one of the funniest yet.
Some of you may know about Moriah's imaginary friend, Alaina. She has had this friend for about 6 months now and we have never heard too much about her except for, "My best friend Alaina said this" or "my best friend Alaina did that." And sometimes she'll ask me to get her best friend Alaina a drink or a snack or something. Well today we heard a lot more about this infamous Alaina. And this is how it happened.....
Riah:"Mom I want to go play outside"
Me: "Okay go ahead. Make sure you stay in the fence."
Riah: "Oh I will. Alaina never lets me go out of the fence, she hates rocks."
Me: "Well she sounds like a smart friend to want to stay in the fence."
Riah: "She is smart, and she doesn't like sweaters."
*(note-at this point I am trying so hard not to laugh. This kid cracks me up!)
Me: "Well why not? Sweaters are good for keeping us warm"
Riah: "I know but she doesn't need them because her fur keeps her warm"
*(note-I am barely containing myself at this point)
Me: "She has fur!?"
Riah: "Yep! It's yellow, purple, pink, and green."
Me: "Wow that's a very colorful friend."
Riah:"Yeah she is but her tail is just white like me" HAHAHAHAHAHA!!
Me: "She has a tail?"
Riah: "Yeah but only sometimes. Her tail is shy"
Then before I could even respond she took off down the porch steps into the fence. So the basics of Alaina are, She doesn't like rocks, she doesn't like sweaters, she is yellow, purple, green and pink, and she has a white tail, but only sometimes because it is shy. MMMM..... sounds like an interesting friend. What an imagination my adorable 3 year old has!:)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hahaha! Little kids are so funny! What a cutie!

*The Hales Family* said...

that is hilarious! My favorite is the shy tail!