Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Emergency or non- emergency?

The last couple of weeks we have been trying to teach Moriah about what to do in case of an emergency. We have teaching her about 911 and that she should call that number when there is an emergency and mommy or daddy can't help. She has been doing pretty good at understanding most of this................or so we thought!! This morning as Mylee was getting ready for school in her room and I was making breakfast I could her Mylee and Riah arguing. We have been trying to let them work things out on there own when possible so I just listened from a distance then I hear Riah say, "Hello 911? My sister is being mean to me!" So with the fear that she actually had the phone and was talking to a real dispatcher I ran into the room and thankfully it was just her pretend cell phone she was talking on! So with that said, I guess our next lesson will be......... KNOWING THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN EMERGENCY AND A NON EMERGENCY SITUATION!!!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hahaha! That's funny. That's one reason I'm afraid to teach Makenna and McKay about dialing 911. I'm afraid they are going to call the number for some silly reason or just because they finally know how to dial a number.