Sunday, March 14, 2010

Mylee Jade

Some of you know what has been going on with our sweet Mylee and some don't so I figure this is the best way to keep all of our out of town family and friends updated. On Wednesday Mylee woke up like any other morning. Shane and I were still in bed, she came in our room and said she was getting in the shower in our room. So I got up and started it for her and got back in bed. When she came out of the shower she was looking really pale and she said her stomach hurt really bad. So we asked her if she had to throw up or something. Right when we asked her that she opened her mouth and made a weird sound like she was gasping for breath or something. Her eyes rolled in the back of her head and she collapsed. It was by far the scariest thing that we have ever seen in our life's. We jumped out of bed and went to her. She wasn't breathing. Shane picked her up and layed her flat. He lifted her chin to see if anything was blocking her airway and when he did she started breathing and woke up. She was out for about 45 seconds, although it seemed like it was 5 minuets!!! When she came to she didn't remember anything past her stepping out of the shower and saying her stomach hurt. She seemed fine, a little dazed but fine. So we called Shane's parents to come watch the little girls and I called the pediatrician. He wanted to see her right away. We drove up to Show Low. He examined her and said she seemed OK. He said she may have collapsed from a combination of an empty stomach and hot shower, but since that was her normal routine and because she had stopped breathing which was odd, he wanted some tests done. He sent us over to the Hospital for an EKG and an EEG. They got us right in for the EKG but they had to schedule for the EEG. She gets that done tomorrow. Her EKG came back normal. We were relieved, but are still very nervous for her EEG tomorrow. I will keep everyone updated. Thanks so much for all the prayers. We really appreciate it. This whole thing has been so scary! Mylee is doing good though. She seems fine, she is her happy bubbly self. The doctor didn't want her going to school until we knew what happened with her so she has been a little bored at home with boring mom but she is doing good. Wish us luck, and keep the prayers coming. We love our Mylee Jade!
Love, Joanna

4 comments:

Will said...

Thanks for the rest of the details. I hadn't heard the whole story. It sounds terrifying. I'm glad she's been okay since then. You're in my prayers.

Sariah Price said...

Wow, so scary! I'm glad she seems to be fine and back to normal. Please keep us posted. I'll keep you all in my prayers. Hugs :)

Ashley said...

I am thinking about you guys and hope the tests go well. Let me know if you need anything. Love ya Laughie

*The Hales Family* said...

We've all been so worried for you guys. I'm sure you're anxious to get the rest of the results back, and I hope you can get some answers! Love ya! Ellie