Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"Mom Who Should I Marry?"

I had the funniest conversation with Mylee a little bit ago and wanted to hurry up and blog about it before I forgot!:) Okay first I should tell you that for months now she has been torn over if she wants to marry Noah or Jeremiah.(They are brothers and the boys of my best friend Rachel and Mylee is just in between them in age.) Anyway I keep telling her that she is too young to worry about that but she doesn't want to hear it. Okay well today when she got home from school she was sitting on the bar stools doing her homework like the good little girl she is and all of a sudden I see her stop and she had this dazed look on her face like she was deep in thought, so our conversation began and it went something like this;

Me: Mylee what's wrong?

Mylee: Oh nothing I'm just thinking about Noah and Jeremiah and which one I should marry.

Me: Well remember what I said, you have plenty of time to think about it because you're not getting married til after college!

Mylee: I know it's just I want to know now! Who do you think I should marry mom?

Me: Well I don't know they are both very good boys

Mylee: Yes they are. Noah is so sweet and is always nice to me, but Jeremiah is so strong and he will beat anyone up if they are mean to me. And Noah likes pokemon and so do I but Jeremiah is so funny and he makes me laugh.

Me: Well I'm sure you will know who is best for you when you are old enough.

(There was a long pause and could tell she was thinking about something and then........)

Mylee: Um okay I think I'm going to marry Noah because Jeremiah climbs fences and I just think that would be kind of embarrassing if my husband is climbing a fence when we are trying to go grocery shopping or something!


That is pretty much how it went. HAHA! I just love the way kids think and the things that come out of their mouths. So I guess Jerry has climbed a fence in front of Mylee and that did not appeal to her! So lets hope Noah doesn't start to climb fences because then we will be back to "Who should I marry!"

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Haha! I didn't know kids that young think about that stuff! That is really funny.
Anyway, well I'm jealous of YOU! I want it too be cold down here! How about we trade houses during the winter :o)

*The Hales Family* said...

that is so cute! what a babe she is!

Rachel said...

O my gosh! She is so darn funny! I will have to tell Jeramiah to quit climbing those fences! We can't be embarraing his possible future wife! Our kids are the best! I love them soooo much!

Ashley said...

Oh my heck-how hilarious! I was laughing out loud and thinking of how I never wanna have that conversation with my daughter. I can't even think about that yet but I know that day will come and I'll be coming to you for advice.

Be ready!!