Saturday, June 7, 2008

Some People.....

Okay so I know I already posted once today but something just happened that I just have to vent about. Avah and I went to Safeway to do some shopping and while we were there this woman walks up to me and tells me how cute my baby is. I say thank you of course. Then she says, "how old is she?" So I tell her almost 14 months and this was her response, "oh my goodness she is HUGE! Do you still have her on formula?" (Keep in mind that this was a total stranger who I have never met in my life!) So thinking she was being a little nosy I went ahead and answered her question, "No she's on whole milk" I tell her. Then she continues to tell me that I needed to put her on skim milk and that child obesity is at an all time high and that if I don't help her now it will be late! So you can imagine how mad I was getting as she was saying this! I could feel my anger rise inside of me so before I did or said anything I would regret I just walked out of the store. I seriously cannot believe this woman had the nerve to say that to me! I mean GEEZ! I know Avah is a little chubby but good grief she's not obese! I mean look how cute she is
Does she look obese to you?? Personally I think she is the cutest baby but maybe that's just cuz she's mine?? Anyway, that lady made me sooooo mad. I told Shane that it's a good thing we're moving so I don't run into her again because I just know I couldn't hold my tongue next time. Anyway, sorry for the rant i just needed to get that off my chest! Some people just have no tact at all!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Sorry to put it this way, but what a bitch that lady is! Avah is NOT obese at ALL!!! How dare some stranger start telling you what to do!!!! She's not that big! All babys SHOULD be chubby!!! HELLO!!!! I hate how ppl are these days! I used to get so much shit for breast feeding my kids after they were 1! It's our kids, our lives, ppl need to mind their own business!!! How did you not punch her lights out? LOL!!!!
Your babies are perfect! It's not just you, Avah is a doll face! Keep feeding her!!!!!!!!

Cody said...

How crazy! Your baby is sooo darling. I'm glad I found your blog! And I'm glad you guys got into a house you love! Give Snowflake a 'hello' for me!

www.boucherbombshell.blogspot.com

*The Hales Family* said...

I cannot believe that! What a biotch! That is what I say, fat babies are the cutest, I say the chubbier the better!

Jennifer said...

Holy Cow! Why would you say that to a complete stranger. How rude! Also, what 14 month old DOESN'T have chunk?! Besides, every ped. will tell you that you NEED to keep your baby on whole milk until they are at least 2 years old. She obviously isn't a mother. I would have been mad too!
Well, I think she's cute and there is nothing wrong with her :o)

Amber said...

Joanna, hey i was so excited to find your blog!! it's been like 6 years since i've seen you. email me your email adress and ill invite you to my blog! amber (klaproth) aklaproth@yahoo.com