Thursday, October 8, 2009

One Of Those Days

Today was a rough day. I hope I am not the only mother out there with these days! It started at 3 AM this morning....

3:00AM-Avah wakes up screaming. I go in her room and comfort her, she is better

3:20AM-Riah wakes up screaming. I go in her room and comfort her. She doesn't want to hear it. She is still screaming. So I bring her into our room to let her sleep on the floor. I make her a bed with blankets and she goes back to sleep.

4:15AM-Avah wakes up screaming again. I go in her room. She wet the bed. So I take her sheets off, put new ones on and tuck her back in. She was back to sleep by 4:30.

7:00AM- Wake up and get the girls breakfast and do their hair. Getting ready to take Mylee to school and Avah knocks an entire bowl of cereal on my freshly shampooed carpet.

7:45-Cover up the milk stain with a towel and rush off to get Mylee to school on time.

8:00-Get home and start shampooing the stain.

8:15- Avah got into my markers and colored all over her face. So I start a bath get her cleaned up because we had to be at Riah's school at 9:45. It was her special day today.

9:00- Help Riah finish up her poster for her special day

9:45- go to Riah's school. Shane was at work....for the 10th day in a row so I had Avah with me. And if you know Avah you know how difficult she can be in public. She is well known as my "appendage" She does not like people. So The whole two hours of Riah's school I am helping the teachers and helping Riah and lugging around a 30 pound 2 year old.

12 noon- Getting out of school bring the girls home for lunch. After lunch I let the girls have a piece of candy they got from the school. Riah gets the candy stuck in her throat. I freak out of course. Call her doctor, he says give her lots of fluids and see if she can get it down by herself if she can't in a few hours bring her in. Thankfully she got it down about a half hour later.

1 PM- I try unsuccessfully to get them to take a nap. Avah instead decides she would rather take a walk. They want to ride in the power wheel jeep. So I let them. We go a few blocks and the battery dies. This is a heavy jeep, okay! So we start to walk back and I carry the jeep. Avah falls down and scrapes her knee. So I am then carrying a screaming Avah and a heavy jeep. We get home, doctor Avah up and finally at 1:45 she falls asleep.

1:45-I catch up on house work til we have to pick Mylee up.

2:20- Get girls in car and pick up Mylee, go to the post office, to the grocery store.

4:00- homework, chores, playing, Avah the mess maker making messes.

6:00- dinner in the oven, me playing on the computer counting the minutes until my husband comes home to save the day, girls watching monsters vs. aliens.

Man, I am exhausted and my house is a mess. Please tell me I'm not the only one who has had a day like this!! Shane has been working 10 straight 12 hours shifts. He gets a day off tomorrow then he goes back for 10 more straight 12 hours shifts! Poor guy. The mill shuts down for a week on the 19th and I have to say I cannot wait and I couldn't be more thrilled to have him home for a whole week! Could be worse right! My girls are hard work, as all children are I'm sure. They are sassy, spunky, wild, crazy, and messy, but at the end of the day they are still my very best friends! Here's to a better and less hectic tomorrow!:)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow, I am so sorry! I hate days like that!!!! I hope things have gotten a little better since then!

Ashley said...

You go super mom. I am tired just reading it. You rock!!