Monday, July 27, 2009

Colorado Trip

I lucked out with this post because my sister, Jenifer e mailed me a few pictures from our trip to Colorado so this post has pictures!:) Thanks Jen! My amazing grandmother smithson(aka Shima) arranged a wonderful family reunion at Ragged Mountain Ranch in Colorado. It is a LDS church camp and it is beautiful! We got to stay in cute little cabins with electricity and running water and everything!! My kind of camping! We were there for a whole 7 days and it was a lot of fun. Shima being the amazing wonderful woman she is rented a motor home for all her AZ kids to get there in comfort.(and since our car was wrecked we wouldn't have been able to go otherwise) It was a nice relaxing drive there. Shima flew my brother Will from Utah to AZ so he would be able to drive us all in the motor home. Shane had just had knee surgery and I had 2 cracked ribs from the accident so it was nice to be able to relax the whole drive. It was a lovely drive and I have decided that someday we will live in Colorado. It is gorgeous there, I LOVE IT!
We did the drive in 2 days, staying in a hotel overnight in Grand Junction. When we finally got there we were able to gaze at the beautiful scenery and visit with family who we haven't seen in a very long time! I was especially happy to see My Uncle Jim, Aunt Merrie, and favorite cousins Bradeigh and Ellie and their adorable kids. My sister Jenifer and her new husband Dave and his son Mike were there also so it was fun to spend time with them. Mylee is madly in love with Mike and their very adorable pugs Stewie and Cosmo. So thank you so much Shima for letting us ride in the motor home with you! We had so much fun. The whole trip was amazing! Here are a few pictures. Most of Mylee because she wouldn't leave Jen and Dave's side the whole time they were there!

Mylee and the adorable Stewie
Maddy, me, Cosmo, Radar, and Avah enjoying the beautiful weather!

Mylee, Cosmo, Stewie, and Mike.

Her favorite thing to do was climb all the big trees there!
I can't wait until we can go back to this wonderful place again. Totally worth the long drive! The drive back was even more beautiful than the drive up if that's possible! Thanks again Shima for the whole trip, we love you!



No comments: